|“||Go Turbo Thunderstorm!||”|
|Alias|| Little Thunder (by Berto)|
|Occupation||Member of Team Turbo|
|Interests|| Punk Rock|
|Family|| Unnamed mother|
Roberto Martinez (brother)
Unnamed four brothers
|Enemies|| The Elementors|
|First Appearance||Team Turbo|
|Voiced By||Lili Beaudoin|
Ranye grew up as the youngest of five siblings, all of them rowdy older brothers, which explains why she is such a feisty fighter: she always had to fight to be heard. Consequently, her older brother Berto gave her the affectionate nickname "Little Thunder", which sometimes make Rayne angry.
She also revealed in Team Turbo Fusion Tek that Berto and her used to play together when they were younger in a farm house built by him. The house is armed with heavy weaponry having N-Tek's signature colors (black, white and green), which might point out that Rayne knew about the agency's existence since her childhood.Daedelus Platform was destroyed, Steel received an emergency signal from World 31, one of N-Tek's facilities. There, Max met Rayne, who at first attacked them with C.Y.T.R.O. thinking they were threats. After she found out that it was Max and Steel, she hugged Max and Steel called her by little thunder, which made her angry. Afterwards, Max asks what Rayne was doing in that base, and she explains that in that morning Berto gave her a medallion and was like crazy towards her, saying to go to the World 31 base. She was expecting to find Berto in the base, but she only found Extroyer stealing technology from the base with his clones and a deactivated C.Y.T.R.O. and decided to sent a emergency signal so someone could help her. Steel then analyzed her medallion and realised that it was made out of the same technology inside of C.Y.T.R.O. and inserted the chip on his head, giving him his artificial technology. After C.Y.T.R.O. recognized Max and Steel, he explained to Rayne that he was activated to protect her in case if something really bad happened with N-Tek and Berto. Rayne stayed surprised and amazed with his actions until C.Y.T.R.O. referred to her as little thunder. Shortly after Extroyer's clones break in the room that Max, Steel, Rayne and C.Y.T.R.O. were in and C.Y.T.R.O. prepares himself to protect Rayne upon seeing a threat. Max goes Turbo Hammer Claw Mode and defeats Extroyer's clones with ease, meanwhile C.Y.T.R.O. uses his immense strength and cannon. After they manage to get out of the base, they meet Extroyer, who transforms into an ape and commands his animal army to destroy the group. Rayne tries to defeat some of these clones, but she ended up hurt and ultimately Max decides to go Turbo Flight Mode and escape from the base alongside with C.Y.T.R.O. and Rayne, who moments before flying away referred her to little thunder once again.
Max and the group goes to a mountain. There, upon seeing Rayne's elbow injured, he sprays a organic compost spray on it and she misunderstood that he actually had painted above her bruise. Max says that he had to take her to a safe place, but she sees that the whole Copper Canyon was turned upside down by the villains while they were stealing technology from the bases around the city. Max then deduces that the only place that the Connect-Tek could be was the Ice Box facility, where N-Tek stored Makino technology in low temperature.
Rayne goes to the Ice Cube facility and at first glance Rayne says she didn't saw a base anywhere and Steel sarcastically replies that it was a secret base. They enter in the base and they find a base where a hologram of Jim McGrath explained the Connect-Tek's origins and abilities. However, they are interupted when a "threat" was approaching the base. Rayne affirms that they couldn't simply let somone take that base and says to Max and Steel that she was an amazing markswoman, at the same time picking a very big gun, and came with her own giant robot. Max and Steel give her the smallest gun and rushes to the beach where they find Alejandro Villar, who was following a piece from the Connect-Tek sword that was destroyed by Mortum. They are forced to enter on the base when the Elementors started to approach the base.
- Superhuman Strength: Rayne is stronger than a average human due to her Connect-Tek suit that enhances her abilities.
- Weather Control: When she uses the Connect-Tek suit, Rayne gets the ability of control the weather.
- Connect-Tek Suit: When Rayne's suit is charged with Max Steel's T.U.R.B.O. Energy, she gains the ability of transforming into many Turbo Modes with the ability of controlling the weather.
- Thunderclap Whip: When she uses Turbo Lightning Storm Mode, Rayne gains a large and powerful whip made out of electricity.
- Expert Markswoman: Rayne once stated in Team Turbo that she is a very skilled markswoman. This was later seen in the sequel, when Rayne used a gun and managed to knock down many zombies.
Her name makes a reference to her main power, the control of the storms. Part of her name (Tempestra) refers to the word tempest, which is a violent windy storm.
Rayne's name also sounds very similar to the word rain, which could be a reference to her powers.
Rayne is the shortest member of Team Turbo. She has short black hair with purple pangs over her left eye and green eyes and light pink lips. She uses purple earrings, a white shirt over a black and purple jacket, dark purple jeans and white shoes.
As Tempestra, she wears a close-fitting purple-black-pink suit. She uses a sleveless suit with a black and pink helmet, two gauntlets matching the colors of her armor and has the Team Turbo logo in the right side of her chest, featured by a white piece with a small blue logo.
- "Rayne is mercurial, like the weather – stormy one minute, all sunshine the next. But one thing about her never changes: her desire to help the people in need. That, and she can’t stand being called Little Thunder!" - Official Website
Rayne is described as temperamental similar to the weather. Like other members of Team Turbo, she likes to help people in need and gets very angry when someone calls her by "Little Thunder" or simpy little. This was seen multiple times when C.Y.T.R.O. referred her as "Little Thunder" and she got angry.
She is friendly, brave, smart like her brother, is a bit tomboyish and have a strong personality. Rayne also sometimes seems to be a little bit impulsive, as when she disobeyed Max's orders and attacked Air Elementor with her powers, which only hit C.Y.T.R.O. and lead Team Turbo to its defeat.
Roberto and Rayne are siblings. He deeply cares for Rayne and even programed a special chip that contained C.Y.T.R.O.'s AI (Artificial Intelligence), especially made to protect her if he wasn't around anymore, which later Rayne realized how Berto cared for her. He also nicknamed her "Little Thunder".
Prior to the events of the Team Turbo movie, it is revealed that Rayne and Max already met before. When Max found Berto's old robotic laboratory through a help signal (set by Rayne), she firstly attacked Max and Steel thinking that they were threats. However, she later realized that Max wasn't an enemy and hugged him, also saying asking him if he was there to help him, which points out that, like other Copper Canyon citizens, Rayne considers Max and Steel as a hope.
She also cares a lot of Max, seen when she felt relieved when C.Y.T.R.O. managed to rescue Max from drowning in a deep lake located on Copper Canyon.
Alex and Rayne didn't interacted too much. When the Elementors were attacking Ice Box facility, Alex saved her life and she greatly admired his action. When Max said that the Connect-Tek was able to create armies and Alex suggested to give him six bazookas and a missile launcher, Rayne facepalm, which points out that she might think that Alex is a little bit childish considering the situation that they were.
C.Y.T.R.O. and Rayne have good terms. Roberto programmed C.Y.T.R.O. to protect her, so he is very protective over Rayne and tries to take her away from the danger in every way possible, which she sometimes despises. C.Y.T.R.O. saved Rayne multiple times before and after she got her powers and usually refers her as "Little Thunder", which makes Rayne feel angry. In battles, they usually help each other, seen when she made a combined attack with C.Y.T.R.O. in order to defeat Mega Elementor. She also accidentally attacked him with a lightning spear in a desesperate move to win the battle against The Elementors.
Of The Elementors, Rayne shows a rivalry against Air Elementor, who called she by "little" while fighting, which made Rayne angry. She also called him by "wind head" and tried to attack him with a lightning spear.
|The Gallery of Rayne Martinez can be seen Here.|
- Rayne's design was heavily inspired by female characters of the old series, such as Electrix and Kat Ryan. Her Turbo Lightning Storm mode presents similiarities with Electrix's suit, such as the black color and the white lines resembiling thunders. Her hairstyle and green eyes also resembles Kat's from the classic series.
- Rayne is the only member of Team Turbo who will not have an action figure, even though that she is featured in the toy boxes of 2016 toys and have her own powers. According to a one of the designers of the toy line, making an action figure of only one character takes a lot of money and time and female characters usually don't sell very well and consequently they would be taking a very high risk.
- She is the first female character who is a hero introduced in the show with powers.
- She is the youngest member of Team Turbo.
- Her background story is very similar to Agura from Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5.
- Unlike Berto, she doesn't uses spanish words in her phrases.