- Click here to go to Season 1.
Maxwell McGrath and his best friend Steel saved Earth and N-Tek of the second invasion of Ultralinks, and they discover that now, there is a fleet of Ultralinks coming to Earth to destroy and expand. Steel is captured by an Ultralink Hunter named Ven-Ghan to bring him to justice by his crimes.
Arc: Turbo Star
When Makino invaded Earth for the first time, Maxwell McGrath and Steel faced the worst enemy that they ever fought, but they won afterall. They later discover that Makino is alive, and that the only thing that is able to stop him, is the Turbo Star, but there's only small problem: Miles Dredd is with two parts and there's only one left. Now, they have to get Turbo Star, and later deal with Makino, before he completelly destroys Earth with the Alphalink.
Arc: Makino on Earth
Makino invaded Earth for the first time in Makino Strikes, but was sucefully defeated by Max and Steel through the Turbo Rocket Mode. Now, Makino is coming back to Earth with a fleet of Ultralinks, Makino Ships, and the worst of them, the Alphalink. To defend against Makino, N-Tek built the Daedelus Plataform, a giant ship with powerful artillery, and alongside, Max and Steel will have to use the Turbo Star against Makino, and face that Max's father, Jim McGrath, is not gone at all.
- Maxwell McGrath - Alongside with Steel, one of the protagonists of the series. He will discover the truth about his past, defeat Makino and others villains with new Turbo Modes, and save the world. In The Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah, he discovers that he is half Tachyon and half human.
- Steel - Alongside with Max, is one of the protagonists of the series. He is going to discover the shocking truth about his past and fight against his own race, especially, against the leader of them, Makino. In The Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah, Steel discovers that he was a part of Metallak's army before he rebel against his own race.
- Forge Ferrus - The commander of N-Tek, Forge is still hiding the past of Maxwell McGrath and Steel. He was also linked with an Ultralink in Makino Strikes, and was a important part in Makino's plan in conquer Earth.
- Roberto Martinez - Also know as Berto, he is one of the main agents of N-Tek that is going to help in stop Makino.
- C.Y.T.R.O. - One of Berto's creations, C.Y.T.R.O. is a Cybernetic Tactical Robot Operative, and he is going to help in destroy Ultralinks.
- Jefferson Smith - One of N-Tek's bests agents, he is going to help in destroy Makino alongside with others agents.
- Kat Ryan - Alongside with Jefferson Smith, she is one of N-Tek's best agents, and is going to help to destroy Makino alongside with others agents.
- Molly McGrath - Max's mother, was also keeping Max and Steel's truth until Makino's invasion on Earth.
- Kirby Kowalski - One of Maxwell McGrath's best friends, Kirby helped in destroying Ultralinks in The Final Countdown Part Two. He was also linked with an Ultralink in the episode, My Best Friend is an Ultralink.
- Sydney Gardner - Max's crush, she helped in destroying Ultralinks in The Final Countdown Part Two. She was also linked with an Ultralink in the episode, My Best Friend is an Ultralink.
- Butch - Previously, one of school bullies, he became a good guy in the episode My Best Friend is an Ultralink, and now is one of Kirby's best friends.
- Ven-Ghan - A mysterious Ultralink Hunter that came from the Black Star Council to capture Steel and bring him to justice. His hate by Ultralinks was caused when Makino destroyed and killed his family and planet.
- Major Parker - Previously, a man that was a part of Colonel Castle's Army, Parker joined N-Tek and now works in the ocean base.
- Furbo - One of Berto's creations, Furbo is Steel's cybernetic dog.
- T.J. - The "babysitter" of Turbo Jet. She is able to take the control of the Turbo Jet, and is also Steel's crush.
- Torbolt - Alongside with Steel, one of good Ultralinks in the show. He freed from Makino's control and linked with a teddy bear by an accident, but he is now exploring the world.
- Jim McGrath - One of N-Tek's co-founders, he was alive during all the Season 1. He was inside of the Alphalink and was the main source of fuel.
- Makino - One of Max Steel's worst enemies, Makino is the master of technology and is able to convert everything related to machines into weapons to his body. He is the leader of Ultralinks, and is determined to destroy Earth with them.
- Miles Dredd - Max Steel's archenemy, Miles Dredd worked to Makino, but now is seeking for the Turbo Star to destroy him and then conquer the world.
- Jason Naught - Miles Dredd's helper, in this season, he helps Dredd seeking the locations of parts of the Turbo Star.
- Metal Elementor - One of Makino's most powerfull commanders, he linked with an pyramid and to create his Megalinked form; Metallak is able to change into virtually any metal existing in Earth, and is now seeking revenge on Steel.
- Fire Elementor - He barely appears in Season 2, only appeared in the episode Hot Zone and in flashbacks in The Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah.
- Earth Elementor - Alongside with the others Elementors, he barely appeared in Season 2, in the episode Hot Zone, and one Earth Elementor was seen in Fugitives.
- Water Elementor - He barely appears in Season 2, only appeared in the episode Hot Zone.
- Air Elementor - He barely appears in Season 2, appeared in the episode Hot Zone and in flashbacks in The Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah.
- Ultimate Elementor - He was previously tasked to create plans to an invasion of N-Tek (as seen in Dredd Ascendant). He has the power of control all elements of nature, and later, was absorbed by Metal Elementor to create Mega Elementor.
- Mega Elementor - When Metal Elementor absorbed / annexed Ultimate Elementor, a monster was created, and is able to control all elements of nature, including metal. Different of Ultimate Elementor, Metallak "locked" the Elementors, and they are not able to talk so much anymore.
- Extroyer - In Season 2, Extroyer gets new transformations and make less appearences than the previous season. His main goal was also to defeat Makino with his scorpion transformation.
- Blast Link - Previously, one Stealth Ultralink that linked with a gun and created a monster named Blast. He was sent by Makino to destroy Max Steel, but Blast Link's plans didn't worked as he planned: he always fails and leaves his team to disaster.
- Chomp Link - Previously, one Stinger Ultralink that linked with a venus fly-trap, and created a monster named Chomp. He has a giant mouth, and is able to use powers related to nature, of the group, he is the dumbest.
- Prism Link - Previously, one Makino Elite Ultralink that linked with crystals, and created a creature named Prism. He is able to shoot crystals, and of the group, is the most loyal to Makino.
- Plaztek - When Fishy was linked by Toxzon's mistake, a defective and strange monster was created, named Plaztek. He had the ability to launch projectiles, and was killed by Max Steel through the Turbo Drills.
- Avatak - To get revenge because of Fishy, Toxzon made a trap and an Megalink linked with a video-game. Avatak was the boss of the game that Max and Steel were playing, and had the abilities of shoot powerful projectiles. He was destroyed when he was killed in the video-game.
- Grim Reaper Monsters - Two Ultralinks were sent to discover the source of Tachyon Energy, and they linked with grim statues to complete the job. They are able to get invisible, walk through walls and use their giant scythes. They were defeated by Max and Steel, and afterall they appear to be alive, but they never were shown after.
- Toxzon - In Season 2, Toxzon barely makes new appearences and new transformations. After he lost Fishy, Toxzon's emotional was affected and he started to decay without Fishy.
- Ultralinks Monsters - They are Ultralinks that linked with some weapon or object, in consequence. They generally link with tanks, guns, animals, rocks, and bones.
- Ragnok - Another Ultralink Hunter, that is determined to hunt down Steel and especially Ven-Ghan, because he betrayed the Black Star Council.
- X376 - One Ultralink that was created after Makino's defeat, and later carried a virus that would reprogram Steel, so he would became an evil Ultralink.
List of Episodes
- Ultralink Invasion Part One
- Ultralink Invasion Part Two
- Dredd Ascendant
- Toxic Relationship
- Full Metal Racket
- Animal Attraction
- Turbo Deep Star Sea
- Ultralink Hunter (Episode)
- Digital Meltdown
- Journey to the Center of Copper Canyon
- Hot Zone (Originally know as "The Loss of Space")
- Lights, Camera, Max!
- Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah
- Makino Strikes: Part One
- Makino Strikes: Part Part Two
- Got Turbo Star
- My Best Friend is an Ultralink
- Me, Myself, and Extroyer
- Definitely Fear the Reaper
- Turbolt the Terrible
- A Germ of an Idea
- The Great Turbo Star Caper
- The Final Countdown Part One (Originally know as "Turbo Nova Part One")
- The Final Countdown Part Two (Originally know as "Turbo Nova Part Two")
In 2013, two videos from season 2 leaked on internet thanks to user from YouTube. They were trailers with two minutes or less showing some events of Season 2. Also, all the scenes related to season 2 were deleted, and never seen again.
The first trailer (below) was available in FremantleMedia's kids website, alongside with another one that Kirby Kowalski was narrating. The trailer shows a giant Makino Ship (that supposedly was going to be Alphalink), Metal Elementor roaring (which was a part of Elements of Surprise Part One, when Air Elementor invades N-Tek; later, Mattel reused and Metal Elementor was inserted in the scene), Makino recreating his armor, Ven-Ghan teleporting, and in the final scene, Makino Ships invading Earth. Curiously, most of the scenes used in this bonus was from Season 1, and only some scenes (that were deleted) from Season 2.
The second and official traler (below), was released in the official site of Max Steel and later on Youtube. In this version, the whole trailer focused in Season 2, especially in the new villains, adventures, events, and new Turbo Modes, while it also announced the Ultralink Invasion app.
- The episode Hard Water and Turbo Deep Star Sea have similiarities: Both are focused in water/ oceans, and both are episode 7.
- The episode Cleaning House and Toxic Relationship have similiarities: Both were episode 4 and also, Toxzon was in them as the villain of the episode.
- Toxzon made less appearances in this season than the previous season of Max Steel, since he only appeared in four episodes.
- In the finale of this season, the Ultralink Invasion accords.
- Max Steel unleashes new Turbo Modes, like Turbo Heat Mode, Turbo Rocket Mode, and Turbo Spike Mode.
- Steel unleashes his first Turbo Mode, Turbo Mimic Mode.
- Bartholomew 'Butch' becomes friends with Maxwell McGrath, Sydney Gardner, and Kirby Kowalski.
- Season 2 forced more into the Ultralinks than any other villain from the series.
- Along with Toxzon, Extroyer only made five appearances in this season, which is less appearances than in the previous season.