- See also: Season 1
Earth from the second invasion of Ultralinks and they discover that now, there is a large fleet of Ultralinks coming to Earth to destroy and expand. Steel is captured by a mysterious Ultralink hunter named Ven-Ghan, who wants to bring him to justice.
Arc: Turbo Star
When Makino invaded Earth for the first time, Maxwell McGrath and Steel faced the worst enemy that they ever fought against, but they fortunately managed to defeat him. However, they later on discover that Makino is still alive and the only thing that can possibly stop him is the Turbo Star. There is only on problem: Miles Dread, Max's arch-nemesis has two parts of the Turbo Star, and there is only one left. Now, they have to rush to get the last piece from Dread's hands, with the arrival of Makino's Armada breathing down on their necks.
Arc: Makino on Earth
Makino invaded Earth but was successfully stopped by Max and Steel. Now, Makino returns to Earth with a large fleet of Ultralinks, ships and the worst of them: the Alphalink. To defend against Makino, N-Tek built the Daedelus Plataform, a giant weapons platform with powerful artillery. Alongside, Max and Steel have the Turbo Star to use against Makino.
Season 1 Characters
- Maxwell McGrath
- Commander Forge Ferrus
- Jefferson Smith
- Kat Ryan
- Molly McGrath
- Kirby Kowalski
- Sydney Gardner
- Major Parker
- Miles Dread
- Jason Naught
- The Elementors (Fire Elementor, Earth Elementor, Water Elementor, Air Elementor & Metal Elementor)
- Ultimate Elementor
- Dredd Naughts
- Evil Ultralinks (Drone Ultralink, Fighter Ultralink, Stealth Ultralink, Makino Elite Ultralink, Raider Ultralink, Stinger Ultralink)
- Centipede Links
- Ven-Ghan - A mysterious bounty hunter from the stars that wants to capture Steel for its crimes. He eventually betrays The Black Star Council and allies with N-Tek.
- Furbo - One of Berto's creations, he is Steel's cybernetic dog.
- T.J. - Turbo Jet's AI (Artificial Intelligence). She is Steel's crush.
- Torbolt - One of the few good Ultralinks, alongside with Steel. He wants to break free from Makino's control and has doubts about his ways.
- Jim McGrath (actual appearance) - Max's dad and one of N-Tek's co-founders.
- Tachyon Soldiers - They were a part of the army that Jim McGrath led during Makino's attack on Planet Tachyon.
- Furbo's Clones - They were clones that were created while Furbo was feeling hyperactive. They were later discarded by being sent on a Makino Destroyer.
- Metal Elementor - Previously known as Metallak, he is one of Makino's commanders. He megalinks with a pyramid to create Metal Elementor, the fifth and strongest Elementor.
- Blast Link - A Stealth Ultralink who linked with a blaster.
- Chomp Link - A Stinger Ultralink who linked with a venus flytrap.
- Prism Link - A Makino Elite Ultralink who linked with crytals.
- Mega Elementor - The combination of all Elementors, including Metallak.
Minor Villains or One-Time Villains
- Plaztek - A Stealth Ultralink who accidentally bonded with Fishy. Clumsy and defective, he wanted to eliminate the humanity but was ultimately killed by Max Steel with the Turbo Drills.
- Avatak - Another Megalink who linked by accident with a object, in this case, a videogame. He was used by Toxzon to defeat Max and Steel on a game, but was ultimately killed by a bug on it.
- Reaper Links - Originally a purple Stealth Ultralink and a blue Fighter Ultralink, they linked with grim statues to find out the T.U.R.B.O. Energy source on the museum of Copper Canyon.
- Ultralinks Monsters - They are Evil Ultralinks who linked with some weapon, object or being to create monsters to fortify Makino's troops. There were two new monsters introduced on Season 2, like the Rock Links and the Lizard Links.
- Ragnok - He is one of the most feared hunters on the galaxy. After Ven-Ghan's betrayal, he was sent by The Black Star Council to capture Ven-Ghan and Steel.
- X376 - An Ultralink who was tasked to upload a virus on Steel, but failed miserably.
- Butch Link - The result of an Evil Ultralink linked with Butch. He uses the superstrength as its main weapon.
- Sydney Link - The result of an Evil Ultralink linked with Sydney Gardner. She uses pink lasers as her main weapon.
- Kirby Link - The result of an Evil Ultralink linked with Kirby Kowalski. He has a cannon on his left arm that can launch waves of soda.
- Forge Link - The result of an Evil Ultralink linked with Forge Ferrus. His mechanic arm suffered a mutation and mutated into three arms, each having different capacities.
- Worm Links - They are the result of Makino Elite Ultralinks linked with an unknown creature or object.
- Nano Goopaniods - They are Goopaniods who are practically the white cells for Toxzon's body, attacking intruders like Max Steel or C.Y.T.R.O..
- N-Tek Link - The result of the systems of N-Tek linked with a improved Stealth Ultralink. It was later captured by Ven-Ghan and sent to the Black Star Council.
- Mama Moco - She is considered the world's sweetest gorilla. She was scared by Extroyer while he was using Max Steel's Turbo Strength Mode.
- Copper Squatch - A urban legend which that lies on the Mines of Copper Canyon.
- Jimmy Blaze - He was in charge of directing the movie of Max Steel on the show.
- Member of Black Star Council - A mysterious alien which advises the bounty hunters about their next target.
List of Episodes
Like the previous season, there are more 26 episodes, each containing 22-30 minutes.
- Ultralink Invasion Part One
- Ultralink Invasion Part Two
- Dredd Ascendant
- Toxic Relationship
- Full Metal Racket
- Animal Attraction
- Turbo Deep Star Sea
- Ultralink Hunter (Episode)
- Digital Meltdown
- Journey to the Center of Copper Canyon
- Hot Zone (Originally titled as "The Loss of Space")
- Lights, Camera, Max!
- Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah
- Makino Strikes: Part One
- Makino Strikes: Part Part Two
- Got Turbo Star
- My Best Friend is an Ultralink
- Me, Myself, and Extroyer
- Definitely Fear the Reaper
- Turbolt the Terrible
- A Germ of an Idea
- The Great Turbo Star Caper
- The Final Countdown Part One (Originally titled as "Turbo Nova Part One" and "Into The Darkness Part One")
- The Final Countdown Part Two (Originally titled as "Turbo Nova Part Two" and "Into The Darkness Part Two")
The second season was officially confirmed in April 9, 2013 by FremantleMedia. It was confirmed that the second season would have more 26 episodes, each having around 23-30 minutes.
In December, two videos were released in FremantleMedia's official website and eventually they were found by fans. The trailers showed few deleted scenes from the second season, but it mostly featured scenes from the first season. The first trailer featured Kirby Kowalski narrating the events of the second season and giving a brief explanation about Max and Steel's relationship, and the second trailer mostly featured scenes about first season and reused the same scenes from the first trailer. The first trailer was also available in a DVD released in 2015 that came with the toys.
The second and official trailer was released first in the official website of Max and Steel and few days later on YouTube. In this version, the whole trailer focused in the events happening in the second season and announced the Ultralink Invasion app, which also spoiled few important details of episodes.
With the premiere of the second season, a new toy line was released by the end of 2013. It featured new characters and focused in the Ultralink Invasion, as the word "invasion" is seen in every title for every subline.
In Latin America, there were three sublines released, being those:
- Aerial Invasion: When the forces of evil launches their attack from above, Max Steel quickly transforms into Turbo Flight Mode and uses his amazing aerodynamic ablities. Max's T.U.R.B.O. Energy throws him to the space with lightning speed and powerful artillery-tech maintain the invasion under control.
- Aqua Invasion: The entire planet is under threat of invasions and even the oceans aren't safe. Max can use his amazing and turbofied maneuvers, being offensive or defensive, floating or submerged on the depths, successfully defending the oceans against the aquatic invasion.
- Land Invasion: Mega villains, monsters and mayhem are a part of the daily work for Max Steel, so when a ground invasion occurs, nor the most powerful invaders can fight against Max's T.U.R.B.O. Energy and sophisticated weapons that Max uses to protect Earth from all kinds of enemies.
Meanwhile, there were more 6 inch toys released worldwide. The toy line had the same time as Latin America's line, as each character came with a mini figure of an Ultralink and there was a panel labelled "Ultralink Invasion". After the second half of 2014, the toys becames slightly more sofisticated, gaining more articulation and details. There were other toys planned to be released, but they never were, suggesting that the toy line didn't sell well.
- Toxzon, alongside with Extroyer, made only five appearences in this season, which are less appearences than in the previous season.
- In the finale of this season, the Ultralink Invasion accords.
- Max Steel unleashes new Turbo Modes, like Turbo Heat Mode, Turbo Rocket Mode, and Turbo Spike Mode.
- Steel unleashes his first Turbo Mode, Turbo Mimic Mode.
- Season 2 forced more into the Ultralinks than any other villain from the series.
- Unlike Season 1, the Season 2 didn't aired on Disney XD, still by unknown reasons.
- Before the actual premiere of Season 2, there were lots of rumors about a character named Dark Titan, that supposdedly would be Max's evil counterpart, having similar abilities with his own energy, as well an Ultralink similar to Steel. Electrix, Bio-Constrictor and Dragonelle were planned to return. However, Mattel, as well some of the workers, confirmed that there were no plans involving Dark Titan, nor other characters of the old series.