|“||I am vengeance!||”|
|Alias|| Project Morphos|
|Occupation||Copper Canyon's Mayor (previously)|
|Interests||Villainy, genetic engineering, politics|
|Allies|| Miles Dread (formerly)|
Jason Naught (formerly)
Copper Canyon Citizens (formely)
Copper Canyon Mayor (formely)
|Enemies|| Miles Dread|
|First Appearance||Max Steel: The Dawn of Morphos|
|Last Appearance||Max Steel: Maximum Morphos|
|Voiced By||Brian Dobson|
Morphos, aka Project Morphos, is one of Max Steel's enemies introduced in Dawn of Morphos and a major antagonist in the last two Animated Films. He is capable of copying the modes of practically anything (from living bengs to non-human beings, like machines or robots) and is completely indestructible. He also had a strange relationship with Dread and considered him as his father and creator. Morphos debuted in Dawn of Morphos and was voiced by Brian Dobson.
Sixteen years agoWhen Jim McGrath came to Earth, he created N-Tek alongside with Molly McGrath, Forge Ferrus and Miles Dread because of Makino's iminent invasion. In his ship, they worked on many projects to stop the villain, between them the infamous Morphos. Morphos was designed to destroy Makino once for all. However, they realised that if the monster destroyed Makino, there were no guarantee that he would stop there and could be even a bigger threat than Makino itself. Forge and Jim then cancelled the project and opted in using the Turbo Star.
After Max Steel managed to destroy Makino once for all, Dread recreated Morphos by the use of lightning rays and parts of other mutants, also including his DNA in the mix. After Morphos was brought to life, he asked who he was and what was his purpose and referred Dread as his father. Shortly after Dread shows Morphos a image of Max Steel and later a projection of the device that would complete him and would give him all the answers, saying that he would give it to him if he destroyed Max Steel.
Dread later sents him to Copper Canyon city, where Morphos cause mayhem and chaos until Max arrives. The two start to fight and Morphos eventually manages to assimilate the powers of Max's Turbo Strength Mode. Afterwards, Max tosses Morphos in the ocean, but Jason Naught finds him and rescues him under Dread's orders.
Morphos is a muscular and tall humanoid mutant. In a few parts of his body, his skin is orange and yellow. While the yellow skin looks smooth, his orange skin is scaly like a reptile. He also has blue crystals with light blue energy lines that resemble stitches, which symbolize borders between the orange and yellow skin. He also has a giant cavity on his torso, that hides a blue tentacle that has three claws. His body doesn't seem to be symmetrical due to him having one ear on his right side (he doesn't have a left ear), his right shoulder being bigger than his left shoulder, his right hand having four clawed fingers, his left hand being a "hook", three clawed toes on his left foot, and a webbed-foot with three toes (two forward, one backwards) on his right foot.
According to some Bonus Clips, Morphos is, in fact, made of many parts of other monsters.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Morphos is very powerful and ruthless in battles. He is so powerful, that he easily overpowered T-Rextroyer without much effort.
- Superhuman Speed: Morphos is shown to be very fast, able to reach Max Steel (after tossing him in the ocean) in some minutes. He was able to cut in half multiple Goopaniods at blur speeds.
- Superhuman Endurance: He is powerful enough to resist to every powerful weapon in his way, like cannons or bazookas. He was also able to endure the combined attack of The Elementors, Max Steel, Toxzon, and Extroyer, later returning harmless to battle.
- Reactive Adaptation: Morphos' primary power consists in replicate instantly the powers of the threat that he is fighting with. Previously, he wasn't able to absorb some powers (specifically, Max's Turbo Combo Mode), but when he was upgraded with a a security device, he got new skills, including the improvement of the shape-shifting abilities.
- Regeneration: Like Makino, he is able to regenerate himself at the same time that he is damaged, even if a member of his body is destroyed, making him practically invincible.
- Fusion Modes: Before the events of Max Steel: Maximum Morphos, Morphos was unable to copy Max's Turbo Combo Mode, presumably because he wasn't complete. Later on, he absorbed Dread's security device that improved his abilities and now he is able to combine every mode on his arsenal, even if he is without the device.
- Invulnerability to T.U.R.B.O. Energy: His cavity is able to absorb this energy.
- Unlimited Stamina: Morphos can fight during large periods and return to fight full of energy. He doesn't needs to sleep nor eat as Miles Dread said, which makes him consider Morphos as his most perfect creation.
- Resistance to Ultralinks: Since Morphos was made to defeat Makino, it is possible that he has a resistance against them.
- Expert Tactician: Just like Miles Dread, Morphos has shown to be very intelligent and treacherous, as seen when he made all civilians on Copper Canyon believe that he was a hero by capturing all the villains, but instead, Morphos was executing his plan as he wanted.
- Genius Intellect: Even though that Morphos is a very angry monster and prefers to solve things through strength, he is very intelligent like his creator. This can be seen on Max Steel: Maximum Morphos, like when he created a few clones based on himself to proceed with his plan.
- Destruction of Matrix: The security device that upgraded Morphos' powers was ultimately destroyed in the end of Maximum Morphos, leaving permanent consequences to him: Morphos lost his powers and was left in his main mode unable to copy any ability.
The name "Morphos" is based on the word "Morph", which means shape-shift, that refer to his ability of copying the modes of other characters. However, it is also implied that his name may refer to "Morphosos", that were blue crystals (similar to Morphos') responsible of mutating Troy Winter into Extroyer in the old series.
Morphos is a very intelligent and furious monster, which in most of the cases, prefer to solve things through his brute strength. Morphos' only ambition was to discover the reason of his existence. When Dread didn't gave Morphos the answers that he needed after capturing the N-Tek agents, Morphos almost killed Dread, which shows that Morphos can easily get out of the control.
Eventually, after Dread's betrayal, Morphos "developed" his own conscience and desires instead of being used as a mass destruction puppet by Dread. He seeked to be better than his creator in every way possible and eventually managed to mutate the entire Copper Canyon into mutants, later on stating that his image was everywhere. Currently, he seeks to be the best villain that ever existed and constantly seeks new ways of being even more powerful.
Morphos was extremely provocative towards other characters (mainly Dread), constantly saying that they were being destroyed by their own hands while fighting them with their own powers. He also inherited some of Dread's characteristics and habits, like talking too much about his evil plans, as even Miles stated in Maximum Morphos.
Morphos and Dread's relationship was very unstable. Previously, Morphos referred Dread as his father, since he created Morphos, meanwhile, Dread only saw him as the weapon that could destroy Max Steel and make N-Tek fall. Morphos was extremely loyal to Miles Dread, and after doing something that his father wanted (like defeating Max Steel) he always asked his opinion. At some point, when Dread didn't gave the answers that Morphos needed, he almost killed him, almost destroying the device on his chest, something vital to Dread's survival.
When Miles Dread betrayed Morphos, he tried to proof to him that he was better than him by mutating the whole world into mutants like him, saying that his image would be everywhere. Before he mutated everyone on Copper Canyon, he first made the test on Dread. Morphos also considered Dread inferior, constantly remembering him that he overcame him (Dread) where he failed. Later on, when Morphos was ultimately defeated by Max Steel, he agreed with his creator saying that he was worse and nothing when compared to Dread.
Morphos has a big hate towards Max Steel, since he was made to eliminate him once for all. Morphos violently fought against Max many times, at the point of making him faint during a battle.
Though that she didn't interacted with Morphos, she worked for him to discover some of his plans.
Morphos didn't interacted with Ferrus a lot, but when he invaded the base of N-Tek, he imprisoned him alongside with other N-Tek agents. While Dread was speaking and Ferrus interrupted him, Morphos slapped his face.
Extroyer was the seventh villain to be captured by Morphos. Even though that he didn't interacted too much with him, Morphos knew about his creation and also used it to tease Extroyer while he defeated him with his own powers, as he had done with other villains.
Morphos didn't interacted too much with The Elementors, but he thinks that they are wasting their power, as when he shown how it is to show the true nature power.
Toxzon was the first villain to be captured by Morphos. Even though that Morphos didn't interacted with him a lot, he knows his intentions, which he also used to tease him while he was being defeated by his own powers.
He referred Jason Naught as his uncle. When Morphos went to the prison of N-Tek to freed Jason, he acted violently with him, throwing him on the wall. When Morphos became the mayor of Copper Canyon, Jason helped Morphos in activating the device on the tower of THI that would mutate every person into mutants. When Jason asked to Morphos if this didn't had affected him, Morphos said that he couldn't escape from the evolution, later being transformed into a mutant.
Morphos and him weren't seen interacting a lot, but the mayor really respected Morphos, even giving him a trophy for his heroic actions.
Copper Canyon Citizens
Morphos faked all the way that he cared about the civilians of Copper Canyon, just to execute his plan and mutate the persons into monsters like him. The citizens considered Morphos as a hero and always respected him, though that when his mask slip, they started to boo and throw rotten tomatoes on him.
|The Gallery of Morphos can be seen Here.|
- Morphos could be considered a mix of the original incarnations of Extroyer and Elementor.
- Extroyer and Morphos were able to shape-shift into any character without becoming a part of his or her. Both have crystals on their bodies and curiously his name resembles "Morphosos", the material responsible of causing Troy's mutation in the old series. However, this is merely a concidence due to the fact that the Morphosos' name could also be inspired by the word "morph".
- Elementor and Morphos act in similar way, even though that there are few diferences, like Morphos being aware of his powers. Morphos has proven to use his smart side from his creator, unlike Elementor, who only used his brute strength instead of the intelligence that he got from his creator. Both also are indestructible and have similar origins. The creation is slightly different, since Bio-Con (Elementor's creator), created him in his laboratory through radiation, while Morphos' creation process is unknown and was brought to life with lightning.
- According to Jim McGrath, he is stronger than Makino and anybody.
- As seen in the series, he is a reference to Frankenstein. He was created in a same way, and also Max calls Morphos "Stitchenstein", making a direct reference to Frankenstein.
- His crystals presumably contains T.U.R.B.O. Energy, since he was brought to life in the beginning of The Dawn of Morphos, there was a container with a blue liquid connected to his body, which was seen in The Great Turbo Star Caper.
- Sometimes, Morphos refers Miles Dread as his father. The first time he called him that, Jason Naught found it cute.
- As revealed by Dread, he programmed Morphos to know the name "Max Steel" before he was brought to life. It is also possible that Morphos received other memories of his creator, since he knew the existence of other villains, such as Extroyer and Toxzon. Something that reinforces this is the fact that he knows about Extroyer's creation, especially the one who transformed Troy into a monster, his creator.
- So far, Morphos is the only villain with less figures made, having only three figures, those being Core Heat Morphos, Mutant Morphos, and Mega Morphos.
- Most of Morphos' renders released have his ear on the left side of the head instead of right.
- In international dubs, Morphos' voice resembles a teenager's voice.