|“||A Turbo powered boy and a functional Ultralink? This is my lucky day.||”|
Scary Man (By Steel)
Father (By Morphos)
|Occupation|| Co-Founder of N-Tek|
|Age|| 34 (Season 1 and 2 and Trilogy of Movies)|
|Interests||Feeding on Max’s Turbo Energy and having sole control of all the Turbo Energy that exists.|
|Weapons|| Hand Blasters|
Expert on controlling Turbo Energy, expansive capacity for evil
|Allies|| Jason Naught|
|Enemies|| Maxwell McGrath|
Commander Forge Ferrus
Blast, Chomp and Prism Link
|First Appearance||Come Together Part One|
|Last Appearance||Max Steel: Maximum Morphos|
|Voiced By||Mark Oliver|
Miles Dread (sometimes mispelled as Dredd) is one of Max Steel's arch-nemesis and a major antagonist in Max Steel (2013 TV Series). Dread is a powerful villain capable of absorbing Max's T.U.R.B.O. Energy to make himself stronger, faster and more durable. He is a man thirst for power and could do anything to get it. Miles Dread debuted in Come Together Part One and is voiced by Mark Oliver.
Not much is known about Dread's early life before N-Tek's creation. He possibly came from a rich family, considering that he has endless amounts of money to pay his henchmen, such Colonel Jasper F. Castle and his army. It is possible that he was their financial banker.
Miles Dread was one of N-Tek's co-founders alongside with Jim McGrath, Molly McGrath and Forge Ferrus. The secret agency was created to protect Earth from Makino's upcoming invasion. Together, they worked in projects to stop Makino and his armada. Known projects were the Turbo Star and Morphos, the last being cancelled due to its immense power. The team opted to use the Turbo Star.
It is known that Dread was absent in the first Ultralink invasion. It is still unknown how he managed to contact Makino and other Ultralinks and eventually managed to get his trust and become his ally.
Before the Turbo Star, Dread created a device that would be capable of harnessing Jim's energy for his own gain. In the first minutes the test was doing well until Dread used its device to absorb Jim's energy, and things went horribly wrong: the device got stuck on Dread's chest, Jim was nearly killed and Steel was shut down. After this incident, Dread somehow managed to escape and wasn't seen again, implying by many N-Tek Agents that he was killed in the incident alongside with Jim. However, it turns out that Dread was still alive and secretly created THI, where he built a bio-android named Jason Naught to manage the company, while he was creating a plan that would be executed in the future after the new Max Steel merges.
After 16 years, Dread managed to create an evil scheme. Jason was in charge of getting the only thing that would save Dread: an Ultralink, but every time that the Dread Naughts tried to get the device, N-Tek's forces came and destroyed their ships and themselves in the process. Angry, Dread knew that he wouldn't be able to get a T.U.R.B.O. Energy source and eventually would die, and his efforts would be in vain. Later, a THI Technician found a T.U.R.B.O. Energy source on Copper Canyon, who was Maxwell McGrath, Jim McGrath's son.
Instantly, Miles Dread asked to Fire Elementor get the T.U.R.B.O. Energy source. However, Fire Elementor fails in the mission and later Naught says the source disappeared. Once again angry, Dread sent Fire and Earth Elementor to Copper Canyon city to cause havoc and chaos in a intentional attempt of getting the T.U.R.B.O. Energy source. Eventually, despite Molly and Ferrus' efforts, Earth manages to capture Max.
On THI, Dread reveals to Max about his history, how he betrayed his best friend for an unlimited source of energy and also said about his plans of being powerful and later started to absorb the energy that Max generated after he got angry.
While Dread was absorbing lots and lots of T.U.R.B.O. Energy, Steel interupted him and linked with Max. They both fight and Max manages to defeat Dread, but when he tried to escape on his Turbo Flight Mode, Dread grabbed Max's leg and separated Steel from Max. Dread said to Jason that he was going to continue with his original plan, consisting in using the THI building as an antenna to get the vital energy of the citizens of Copper Canyon, using the city as an living battery for him. Max later invades the room wheer Dread was and separates Steel from the device, interupting Dread's plan. More powerful than ever, Dread starts to destroy everything with his powers, including Copper Canyon's police and N-Tek's forces. Before it was too late, Max realises that Dread couldn't absorb so much power and activates his Turbo Flight Mode and brings him to the stratosphere, where he manages to overload Dread with too much T.U.R.B.O. Energy and he explodes. He is rescued by Jason and vowed revenge.
While Dread was updating his battle suit, Jason was in charge of discovering Max Steel's secret identity. However, Jason fails miserably every time and Dread, with his new and upgraded battle suit, decided to do it by himself. He followed the bus of Copper Canyon High School (the students were going to a trip) and destroyed the bridge. When the bus was about to fall off from the cliff, he went inside of the bus and forced the students to confess who was Max Steel, but Butch was the only person who answered and pointed to Max.
Dread instantly recognizes Max's face and says that he is the son of Jim and Molly McGrath. He launched Max from the bus, but he transformed into Max Steel. He tried to make Dread overload with his energy like the last time, but he later discovered that Dread's armor was updated and stronger than before, capable of harnessing endless amounts of T.U.R.B.O. Energy. Max activatesd his Turbo Strength Mode and launches many rocks on Dread, but later N-Tek's forces came and Dread and Max started to fight directly. Max successfully manages to launch Dread on a canyon, but he was later rescued by Jason. On his hideout, Dread said that this was only the beginning of everything.
Miles Dread later hires a mercenary named Troy Winter who would stole an Ultralink that N-Tek was transporting in one of their tanks. However, when Winter succesfully got the Ultralink and escaped, Dread, as a hologram, said that he only would pay him when he obtain the last piece that was located on the building of THI. Winter later stole the last piece of the Ultralink, but Max Steel followed Winter with the Turbo Cycle, and Dread then sents his henchmen, Fire Elementor and Earth Elementor, that succesfully distracted Max Steel and N-Tek's forces. Winter escaped, but when he realized the power that the Ulralink had, he stole it to himself, but of course, Dread already had already foreseen, and activated the Ultralink, that exploded and affected Troy, creating Extroyer.
After Dread realizes that Troy was converted into a mutant named Extroyer and that he was destroying his warehouses, he decided to stop him and waited Extroyer invade one of his buildings and sent Earth Elementor, which Extroyer defeated with ease. Dread later appeared and launched a simple ray of T.U.R.B.O. Energy that defeated Extroyer and says that he needed his help to stop Max Steel. Dread used Extroyer as a bait to attract Max Steel to a prototype of a rocket launcher where Extroyer fought with Max, but in the end, Troy achieves his mission and Dread appears as a hologram. Laughing, Dread activates the launch of the missile, he explains that didn't had enough time nor T.U.R.B.O. Energy to explain about this affair. Later, when the missile was launched and was directly going to Copper Canyon, Max manages to dodge the missile to the space.
Powers and Abilities
- T.U.R.B.O Energy Absorption: Miles can absorb endless amounts of T.U.R.B.O. Energy using his hands and the more energy he absorbs, the more powerful he gets. Originally he could absorb a limited amount of energy, but he later had himself upgraded so he could absorb Max's T.U.R.B.O Energy with no limits. He has stated that with his energy levels at peak capacity he is capable of fighting all of N-Tek forces for hours. He can turn red without even absorbing T.U.R.B.O Energy from anyone.
- T.U.R.B.O Energy Convertion: When he absorbs T.U.R.B.O Energy, he automatically transforms it into Negative T.U.R.B.O Energy.
- Negative T.U.R.B.O. Energy Projection: Miles can project the energy absorbed in different forms and for different purposes:
- Flight: Dread can use fly using his hands and feet as jet boots propelled with T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Negative T.U.R.B.O. Energy Blasts: He can project blasts of anti T.U.R.B.O. Energy from his hands in order to fight, with great destructive power. He has also shown to shoot out energy like tentacles from his hands.
- Negative T.U.R.B.O. Energy Ball: He can generate a large ball of negative T.U.R.B.O energy that can inflict way more damage than his negative blasts.
- Superhuman Strength: He has shown to be as strong and sometimes even stronger than Max Steel. He is strong enough to crush rocks, as seen in Secret Identity Crisis when he and Max Steel fight to make Dread weak.
- Superhuman Durability: He can withstand blows from Max's attacks, energy blasts and even the high water pressures from the deep ocean.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Speed: With his latest upgrade he can run, move and react as fast and even faster than Max in his Turbo Speed Mode.
- Negative T.U.R.B.O. Energy Projection: Miles can project the energy absorbed in different forms and for different purposes:
- Weaponized Body: Dread can make turn his hand into a powerful blaster.
- Super-Genius class Intelligence: Quite apart from the powers granted him by the Negative T.U.R.B.O. Energy, Miles Dread is far more than a mechanical engineering prodigy. He is easily one of the smartest people on earth. He is one of the co-founders of N-Tek, and a real genius He alone created a device to helps to absorb the T.U.R.B.O Energy, his Dredd Naughts, the bio-Android Jason Naught, and a wide ray of evil state of the art devices. Even Air Elementor has stated that he is smarter than he looks.
- Expert Businessman: Dread was extremely well-respected in the business world, who created the THI, a very successful company specialized in almost all kinds of technology, especially weapons. His company was a multi-million dollars company.
- Expert Tactician: He is a brilliant tactician capable of formulating battle strategies, like being able to elaborate different complex plans in order to defeat his enemies and even make them the responsibility for their own failure like when he tricked Max Steel and N-Tek into using Max's T.U.R.B.O. Energy to destroy his missiles, which ended in Max destroying N-Tek Transmitters leaving earth unprotected before the Ultralinks Invasion. Another sxample of his ability to manipulate situations can be seen when he tricked the Ultralinks so they would attack N-Tek's Copper Canyon base during their system upgrade in which they would be vulnerable due to their defense systems being down, but in actuallity they were fully prepare for any attack at the moment and used the Ultralinks' attack as a decoy to help Extroyer escape from his prison and retrieve intel about the Turbo Star from Forge's computer. He uses a similar strategy when giving them fake informaton about a tachion missile in an underwater base near the first piece of the Turbo Star, using the attack to cover his presence.
- Skilled Combatant: As shown plenty of times during his battles with Max Steel and N-Tek, Miles is a capable fighter who has managed to overcome Max Steel more than once.
- Hand Blaster: As stated above, he can use his hand as a weapons by turning it into a blaster.
- Dredd Naughts: Miles also possess an almost unlimited army of robots.
- Robot Bugs: He has a swarm of robotic bugs that comes from his chest
- Overloading (formerly): During his first battle against Max Steel he was overloaded by the unlimited amount of energy he stole from him getting overloaded..However after this encounter, he upgraded himself so he can absorb as much energy as he can produce.
- Loss of T.U.R.B.O Energy: When losing his T.U.R.B.O Energy, he is rendered weak and powerless.
- The T.U.R.B.O Energy-Absorbing Chamber: When he was in his new upgraded mode and was tricked by Steel, Max used Turbo Cannon Mode and then he pushed Dread into the chamber, which absorb all the energy and then it was destroyed by the energy.
Miles Dread is a tall man with almost pale, white skin. He has straight, brown hair and red eyes. In the flashbacks, he was never seen with an N-Tek uniform like the rest of the N-Tek Agents, but he's been seen most of the times wearing black clothing consisting of black pants, a black suit, and black shoes.
He wears a suit that helps him control the T.U.R.B.O. Energy that he absorbs. The main mode of the suit is black with a few blotches with red in it (The Negative T.U.R.B.O. Energy) on the armor, which are locked on his knuckles, chest, shoulders, legs, arms, and head. The shoulders of the armor have sharp edges. In the center of his chest, he has a device that helps him siphon the T.U.R.B.O Energy, which has a diamond shape. He also has more of these diamond-shaped siphoning openings on the palm of his hands and the mouth piece of his helmet. His helmet has a sharp edge on the bottom that makes it look like a goatee.
In the T.U.R.B.O Energy mode of the suit, Miles Dread is increased in mass. The body armor has decreased in this mode, with only pieces a little bit of the armor all over the body. In his mode, Miles Dread is only able to siphon energy through his mouth and chest. The device is altered in this mode, with it showing the Negative T.U.R.B.O Energy inside (But still has its diamond shape). Also, the suit is surrounded by waves of Negative T.U.R.B.O Energy. He is also much more taller than his previous mode, having a similar height to Turbo Strength Mode.
In the upgraded version of the T.U.R.B.O Energy mode of his suit, he has much more mass increased than the previous mode and is a little bit more strength. He has a few pieces of his body armor, but everything is altered. Some of the pieces of armor have blotches of Negative T.U.R.B.O Energy. The device on his chest is also altered to a star-like shape (having four points and looking like an X), which is the same for the siphoning devices on the palm of his hands. As well as the helmet, having most of its armor in the mouthpiece and back, making it look like a samurai helmet. When absorbing energy, only the mouthpiece and three devices open (which make him look creepy). Almost, he has waves of Negative T.U.R.B.O Energy surrounding his body.
Miles Dread only wants power and can do anything to get it, which could be seen when he almost killed Jim McGrath just to harness his T.U.R.B.O. Energy for his personal gain. Dread only cares for himself and wants to get all the T.U.R.B.O. Energy he can, not caring of how he is going to get it. Miles doesn't cares with who he is dealing and who he is interacting, like organization plans with Makino. Sometimes, Dread can be very rigid towards his henchmen, especially when they fail the missions.
Dread is also extremely intelligent, manipulative, treacherous and quiet since N-Tek's creation. Dread also has a obsession towards Max Steel and sees him as the main source of power to his personal gain, to the point of considering him as a "friend". Miles also seemed to be charismatic in doing deals with other villains, like Extroyer.
In Max Steel: The Dawn of Morphos, he showed to have a maniac, insane and merciless side, which was mainly seen when Max Steel was about to face Morphos, while Dread was narrating the fight or when he sent Morphos to fetch Molly's head. In Max Steel: Maximum Morphos, Dread affirmed that he likes the goth style and also seemed that Dread has a slightly more comic side, like when he made some jokes of how much Morphos talks, just like him. In the same movie, it is possible to note that Dread have many statues and paintings of himself, which reveals that he has a self-loving.
Dread and Morphos' relationship was very unstable. Dread sees Morphos as his ultimate weapon to destroy Max Steel and get revenge on his N-Tek comrades, considering also the main reason of why Morphos is alive, meanwhile, on the other hand, Morphos just sees him as his father and wants his respect. Dread and Morphos sometimes argued with each other. After Morphos failed in defeating Max, Dread betrayed him and later on tried to stop him with a security device that he made, even though that this made Morphos even stronger, making also Morphos hold a grudge of Dread.
Ironically, despite that Morphos tried to destroy Dread multiple times, afterwards Morphos mutated Copper Canyon's citizens, Dread said that he was proud of him, but would be more if he didn't tried to destroy him.
Dread and Makino's relationship was very unstable. Dread had a deal with Makino consisting in him serving after his attack on Earth alongside with Jason Naught, even though that Dread secretly wanted to betray and force Makino to obey him with the Turbo Star. It is also known that Miles had a very deep hate for Makino.
Not much is known of Miles Dread and Jim McGrath's relationship, but they seemed to be best friends before the accident that nearly killed Jim. In Max Steel: Maximum Morphos, Dread and Jim meet again after a long time, and now both are enemies, with Jim knowing that he caused the accident.
|The Gallery of Miles Dread can be seen Here.|
- He seems to speak with british accent.
- Dread hates Makino so much, as seen in Ultralink Invasion Part One, when he got a message from him and he formed a tight fist secretly at him. Although that Dread hates him, it is unknown why he hates Makino so much.
- His online bio on the official Max Steel page states that he is 34 years old. When compared to other the other N-Tek co-founders, he is the youngest of them, having only 18 years during N-Tek's creation, while Forge had 21 and Molly 20.
- Miles Dread made his own version of the structure of the Turbo Star, which was seen in Me, Myself, and Extroyer.
- His name was constantly misspelled as "Miles Dread" in many official websites of Max Steel. In 2015, his name was officially changed to Dread instead of Dredd, which is a reference to John Dread, one of the biggest enemies that the original Max Steel ever faced. Miles, alongside with Jason Naught, share some characteristics of the agents of D.R.E.A.D. (led by John in the 2000 series), incorporating some of the marking characteristics of them. Miles especially combines the intelligence of John Dread, some of Psycho's personality, and Bio-Constrictor, which could be proven with Morphos, a semi-clone of Dread similar to how Elementor was to Bio-Con.
- He is seen as a father by Morphos.
- After Morphos came to live, he shouted out the line, "It's alive! It's alive!", which is also an reference to Frankenstein.
- Considering that Dread has the ability of creating his own modes and control his own energy, he is somehow the evil counterpart of Max Steel.
- It is assumed that Dread is a painter considering that he has many paintings of himself (and also of Morphos) in his mansion.
Characters introduced on Season 2 appears in green.