|“||Let's... Go Turbo!||”|
—Max Steel, Battle cry
|Alias|| Turbo Boy|
Turbo powered boy
|Species|| Maxwell McGrath: Takonian-Human Hybrid|
|Occupation||N-Tek and Copper Canyon's greatest hero|
|Weapons||Turbo Modes, Turbo Sword, Turbo Blaster, Turbo Lash and Turbo Drills|
|Allies|| Molly McGrath|
Commander Forge Ferrus
|Enemies|| Miles Dread|
Toxzon and Fishy
Vin and Dwayne
Colonel Jasper F. Castle
Blast, Chomp, & Prism
|First Appearance||Come Together Part One|
|Last Appearance||Max Steel: Maximum Morphos|
|Voiced By||Andrew Francis|
Max Steel is the main protagonist and titular character of the Max Steel (2013) TV Series. He consists of the Tachyon-human Maxwell McGrath and an Ultralink named Steel. They form a symbiotic bond where Max's T.U.R.B.O Energy is harnessed and controlled by Steel. Together, they form the superhero Max Steel and combine into powerful Turbo Modes to fight the many villains they face. Max is voiced by Andrew Francis, while Steel is voiced by Sam Vincent. Max Steel debuts in Come Together Part One.
Main article: Maxwell McGrath
Main Article: Steel
Max Steel consists of two separate individuals and so shares two different personalities.
Sixteen Years Ago
During the Makino invasion of Planet Tachyon, an Ultralink warrior named N'Baro Atksteel X377 (Steel) had begun to doubt the ways of his master. He witnessed several Tachyon warriors fight against the invasion and is intrigued by their heroic actions. He witnesses one of the warriors, Ja'em Mk'rah, fend off the attack from a Worm Link using his T.U.R.B.O Energy. Hesitantly, he closes in and prepares to Utralink with the warrior. Before he can do so, Mk'rah prevents him doing so and questions why his people are being attacked. Steel replies to him and simply states that it is within an Ultralink's program to absorb and expand, for the glory of their master, Makino. Ja'em Mk'rah questions Steel further, and Steel comes to the conclusion that the Makino's destructive ways are wrong. Steel wonders what he can do against Makino but is struck down by the Worm Link. The Worm Link prepares to attack the Ja'em Mk'rah, but before it has the chance, Steel Ultralinks with him to save his life. The Ultralinking process knocks the Worm Link away and gives Mk'rah new armour. Steel disengages from Mk'rah's chest and each of them relay their names to each other. However, it was too late to save the Planet Tachyon, as Makino had already begun the planet-linking process using his Alphalink. Ja'em Mk'rah and Steel were forced to evacuate and planned to arrive at Makino's next target.
When the pair eventually arrived on Earth, Ja'em Mk'rah took on the name James (Jim) McGrath. They created the top secret organisation known as N-Tek alongside Miles Dread, Forge Ferrus and Molly McGrath to defend Earth from the forces of Makino.
During the first Makino invasion of Earth, Jim and Steel successfully defeated Makino's troops alongside the forces of N-Tek.
After the invasion, Molly and Jim became married and had a son named Maxwell McGrath. Later, N-tek began to work on a T.U.R.B.O powered weapon called the Turbo Star which would be used to defeat Makino should he ever return to Earth. However, during one of the tests, Miles Dread (one of N-Tek's founders) used a device that he had constructed to absorb Jim's T.U.R.B.O Energy for himself. But it goes horribly wrong as it triggered a massive explosion. The blast teleports Jim into deep space and sends Dread across the planet as well as all the pieces of Turbo Star. The blast also leaves Steel disabled for the next 16 years.
Years later, Jim McGrath and Molly MsGrath's son, Maxwell McGrath, begins to generate T.U.R.B.O. Energy (as he is half Takyon) after moving to the city of Copper Canyon. The energy he produces is very unstable and could overload and kill him. Max is introduced to N-Tek, where he is placed into a chamber to keep his power under control. But his powers quickly begin to overload him, damaging the chamber. As he tries to escape, he unintentionally reactivates Steel, who, like his father before him, Ultralinks with him. Together, they form the powerful Max Steel.
Over time, Max and Steel became good friends and gained a symbiotic bond with each other. They learned to live, work and fight together. Using their powers for good, they fight villains such as Miles Dread and later The Elementors, Extroyer and Toxzon, as well as save the lives of many people including Max's closest friends Sydney and Kirby.
During Season 2, Max Steel has gained newfound fame within his city Copper Canyon. A statue was built (that was later destroyed) to commemorate his heroic deeds and actions. A film and video game were based around him as well. Max Steel also gains new Turbo Modes to fight against powerful new villains such as Metal Elementor and Makino. In the Season Finale, Max Steel successfully defeated Makino alongside his father, Jim McGrath, and finally puts an end to his evil actions. After Makino was defeated, Max Steel continued being a superhero within Copper Canyon.
Max Steel: The Wrath of Makino
During the events of Max Steel: The Wrath of Makino, it is revealed that Makino is still somewhat alive as his core unit is still functioning. He sends a message to every remaining Ultralink (including Steel) that states that someone will gain his power and become Makino's heir by claiming his headpiece. Max Steel as well as the remaining Ultralinks, enter Makino's mind in order to complete the challenges ahead of them. Max Steel passes all the challenges, and defeats the other Ultralinks in the process but not before Max and Steel split up. Max was about to successfully obtain the headpiece while Steel witnessed the creation of Makino. However, Max gets possessed by Makino and is transformed into his new host. Makino, now reborn and more powerful then ever, uses his new abilities to transform into Turbo Annihilation Mode in order to destroy the Earith. However, Steel manages to save Max by once again, Ultralinking with Jum McGrath. Together, they defeat Makino and unlink him from Max but not before Makino Ultralinks himself with Jim. Together, Max and Steel use Turbo Titan Mode to defeat Makino once again. In the finally of the film, Max Steel throws Makino into The Sun, where he presumably was destroyed once for all.
Max Steel: The Dawn of Morhpos
In Max Steel: The Dawn of Morphos, a new enemy arises, named Morphos. He was able to adapt and overcome Max Steel's abilities, proving to be Max's most powerful and dangerous enemy. However, Jim teaches Max to harness a new power: Turbo Combo Mode. Max Steel used this new power to combine Turbo Spike Mode and Turbo Cannon Mode. This mode successfully defeated Morphos, and Max is once again thanked by the people of Copper Canyon, but especially by Sydney, who foreshadows that she has discovered that Maxwell McGrath is Max Steel.
Max Steel: Maximum Morhpos
In the sequel, Max Steel: Maximum Morphos, Morphos returns more powerful than ever. He pretends that he had become the new hero of Copper Canyon, to finally achieve his plan of conquest over the city. Consequently, Morphos is supported by many authorities of Copper Canyon, and when Max Steel invade his "home" (Dread's mansion), Max is attacked by Morphos and is forced to make an alliance with Miles Dread. Morphos deceived the authorities saying that Max Steel was working with a villain. Later, to Max's surprise, he is forced to make an alliance with other villains besides Miles Dread, joining together to defeat Morphos and his army, who are the citizens of Copper Canyon that had been mutated. Later on, when Morphos proved to be too powerful for Max to defeat, he and Dread activate the Turbo Chamber within his father's ship, where he used a Turbo Pulse and his T.U.R.B.O. Energy to revert the mutated people of Copper Canyon back to normal. In the process, Max unlocks Turbo Exo Strength Mode, which he uses to defeat Morphos once and for all. After Morphos is defeated, Dread betrays Max and tries to absorb his T.U.R.B.O. Energy, but he is interrupted when he is shot by Syd with an N-Tek Blaster. Max and Steel then return to being the rightful hero of Copper Canyon as they fly over the city in order to stop Extroyer from robbing a bank.
Max Steel: Team Turbo
Max Steel: Team Turbo Fusion-Tek
Max Steel uses his powers to generally stop mutants and extraterrestrial threats, or even mundane problems, such as stopping mere thieves or vehicle accidents.
- Superhuman Strength: Since Max has T.U.R.B.O. Energy, his strength and other attributes are increased considerably, making him stronger than an average human.
- Superhuman Durability: Max Steel's suit is very resistant and durable, enough to resist against dangerous toxins. In addition, the suit seems to automatically repair itself.
- Turbo Modes: Max can transform between a large arsenal of Turbo Modes, each with different attributes and abilities. Max powers the transformation with his T.U.R.B.O. Energy while Steel uses his advanced technological capabilities to execute them. Some of the Turbo Modes need more energy to function, while others don't need and/or drain as much power.
- T.U.R.B.O Energy: Since Max generates this energy, he can use it to weaponize Steel.
- Turborang and Turbo Pulse: Both are very useful techniques. In the Turborang process, Max can use them to launch Steel at the enemy, and in the Turbo Pulse, he is able to blast away adversaries with a large pulse of T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Turbo Blaster: Created by Berto for field use and carried by Berto's robot C.Y.T.R.O..
- Turbo Sword: A very powerful sowrd that has a blade made of pure T.U.R.B.O. Energy, able to cut through most metals. It is also the most powerful weapon existing on Earth, as proven in Live by the Sword.
- Turbo Lash: Similar to Turbo Sword but instead of blade, it has a whip made from T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Turbo Drills: This weapon was able to break into almost anything, but since it is too heavy for the Turbo Base Mode, Max needs his Turbo Strength Mode to do it.
- Turbo Star (temporarily): A powerful weapon that originally would have been used against Makino. It was divided into three parts, which were hidden in different locations. The first part was in the ocean near the N-Tek's submarine base, the second on the abandoned mines of Copper Canyon, and the third and last on N-Tek's base in the Artic.
- Turbo Cycle: A very fast cycle that can defy the laws of physics with impressive maneuvers.
- Turbo Car: This vehicle was once owned by Vin & Dwayne prior to Berto's modification. The Turbo Car was equipped with missile launcher, high speed, Auto-GPS, advanced N-Tek communication & Stealth mode.
- Turbo Jet: A vehicle which is controlled by T.J. (artificial intelligence), equipped with many incredible weapons: such as Turbo pulso guns, wing blades, and an aqua mode, among others.
- If Max is separated from Steel, he can get stuck in a specific Turbo Mode, which can be bad depending the occasion. For example, in Turbo Deep Star Sea, Max got stuck in Turbo Scuba Mode, which made it very difficult to defeat Metal Elementor and the other Ultralinks, since the mode doesn't have super-strength or any special attribute other than its underwater capabilities, such as swimming at high speed.
- if Max is separated from Steel for more than 8 hours, Max will overload with T.U.R.B.O. Energy and then will explode, causing his death.
|The Gallery of Max Steel (Character) can be seen Here.|
|Max Steel's Turbo Modes|
- Max Steel cannot remove his Turbo Base Mode, although that Steel can create suits to Maxwell McGrath blend with humans.
- Max Steel has a different appearance than the original Max Steel.
- Max Steel is named Max Steel because Maxwell said Max and Steel said Steel, so then they called him Max Steel.
- In most of Max Steel's new Turbo Modes, he needs to use a lot of T.U.R.B.O Energy, so that he can use them.
- In some episodes, it is shown that his suit is damaged and cracking. However, the suit presumably auto repairs, since the suit is intact in other episodes.
- For example, at the end of Gone Fishin', you can see the cracks on his suit and the damaged done on it.
- The people on Copper Canyon see Max Steel as a hope against the evil threats. As seen in The Final Countdown Part One, Sydney Gardner said that Max Steel was going to take care of the aliens that were invading Earth.
- In Copper Canyon city, Max Steel is a huge success and provided a large line of games, toys, films and others, even gaining a statue for his heroic acts.
- Steel is very satisfied with the Max Steel persona, since he is a huge fan of comics. He even created a Turbo Mode known as Turbo Super Mode that incorporates a typical stereotyped superhero.
Characters introduced on Season 2 appears in green.