|“||Let's... Go Turbo!||”|
—Max Steel, Battle cry
Max Steel is the main protagonist and titular character of the Max Steel (2013) TV Series. He consists of the Tachyon-human Maxwell McGrath and an Ultralink named Steel. They form a symbiotic bond where Max's T.U.R.B.O Energy is harnessed and controlled by Steel. Together, they form the superhero Max Steel and combine into powerful Turbo Modes to fight the many villains they face. Max is voiced by Andrew Francis, while Steel is voiced by Sam Vincent. Max Steel debuts in Come Together Part One.
Main article: Maxwell McGrath
Main Article: Steel
Max Steel consists of two separate individuals and so shares two different personalities.
Sixteen Years Ago
During the Makino invasion of Planet Tachyon, an Ultralink warrior named N'Baro Atksteel X377 (Steel) had begun to doubt the ways of his master. He witnessed several Tachyon warriors fight against the invasion and is intrigued by their heroic actions. He witnesses one of the warriors, Ja'em Mk'rah, fend off the attack from a Worm Link using his T.U.R.B.O Energy. Hesitantly, he closes in and prepares to Utralink with the warrior. Before he can do so, Mk'rah prevents him doing so and questions why his people are being attacked. Steel replies to him and simply states that it is within an Ultralink's program to absorb and expand, for the glory of their master, Makino. Ja'em Mk'rah questions Steel further, and Steel comes to the conclusion that the Makino's destructive ways are wrong. Steel wonders what he can do against Makino but is struck down by the Worm Link. The Worm Link prepares to attack the Ja'em Mk'rah, but before it has the chance, Steel Ultralinks with him to save his life. The Ultralinking process knocks the Worm Link away and gives Mk'rah new armour. Steel disengages from Mk'rah's chest and each of them relay their names to each other. However, it was too late to save the Planet Tachyon, as Makino had already begun the planet-linking process using his Alphalink. Ja'em Mk'rah and Steel were forced to evacuate and planned to arrive at Makino's next target.
When the pair eventually arrived on Earth, Ja'em Mk'rah took on the name James (Jim) McGrath. They created the top secret organisation known as N-Tek alongside Miles Dread, Forge Ferrus, and Molly McGrath to defend Earth from the forces of Makino.
During the first Makino invasion of Earth, Jim and Steel successfully defeated Makino's troops alongside the forces of N-Tek.
After the invasion, Molly and Jim became married and had a son named Maxwell McGrath. Later, N-tek began to work on a T.U.R.B.O powered weapon called the Turbo Star which would be used to defeat Makino should he ever return to Earth. However, during one of the tests, Miles Dread (one of N-Tek's founders) used a device that he had constructed to absorb Jim's T.U.R.B.O Energy for himself. But it goes horribly wrong as it triggered a massive explosion. The blast teleports Jim into deep space and sends Dread across the planet as well as all the pieces of Turbo Star. The blast also leaves Steel disabled for the next 16 years.
Years later, Jim McGrath and Molly MsGrath's son, Maxwell McGrath, begins to generate T.U.R.B.O. Energy (as he is half Takyon) after moving to the city of Copper Canyon. The energy he produces is very unstable and could overload and kill him. Max is introduced to N-Tek, where he is placed into a chamber to keep his power under control. But his powers quickly begin to overload him, damaging the chamber. As he tries to escape, he unintentionally reactivates Steel, who, like his father before him, Ultralinks with him. Together, they form the powerful Max Steel.
Over time, Max and Steel became good friends and gained a symbiotic bond with each other. They learned to live, work and fight together. Using their powers for good, they fight villains such as Miles Dread and later The Elementors, Extroyer and Toxzon, as well as save the lives of many people including Max's closest friends Sydney and Kirby.
During Season 2, Max Steel has gained newfound fame within his city Copper Canyon. A statue was built (that was later destroyed) to commemorate his heroic deeds and actions. A film and video game were based around him as well. Max Steel also gains new Turbo Modes to fight against powerful new villains such as Metal Elementor and Makino. In the Season Finale, Max Steel successfully defeated Makino alongside his father, Jim McGrath, and finally puts an end to his evil actions. After Makino was defeated, Max Steel continued being a superhero within Copper Canyon.
During the events of this film, it is revealed that Makino is still somewhat alive, as his core is still functioning. He proposes a competition and sends a message to every remaining Ultralink on Earth (including Steel), that states that someone will gain his power and become Makino's heir by claiming his headpiece.
Max Steel as well as the remaining Ultralinks, enter Makino's mind in order to complete the challenges ahead of them. Max Steel passes all the challenges, and defeats the other Ultralinks in the process but not before Max and Steel split up. Max was about to successfully obtain the headpiece while Steel witnessed the creation of Makino. However, Max gets possessed by Makino and is transformed into his new host.
Makino, now reborn and more powerful then ever, uses his new abilities to transform into Turbo Annihilation Mode in order to destroy the Earth. However, Steel manages to save Max once again, by Ultralinking with Jim and also showcase some of their Turbo Modes.
Once Jim is defeated, Steel manages to help Max with their link and ultimately Max breaks free from the villain's control and the Steel links once again with him. Makino, who saw Jim unconscious in the ground, links with him and creates a new version of Turbo Annihilation Mode. Max and Steel then decided to use Turbo Titan Mode to defeat Makino once again. After defeating the villain, Max Steel decides to throw Makino in the Sun, presumably destroying him once for all.
After Makino's defeat, a new enemy named Morphos arises, who is actually a old project of N-Tek built to defeat Makino if the Turbo Star had failed. The villain managed to adapt and easily overcome Max Steel's abilities.
With N-Tek and Max Steel out of the picture, Dread decides to have revenge on Molly. Meanwhile, Jim teaches Max to harness a new power: the ability of fusing two Turbo Modes at once. When fighting Morphos, Max Steel decides to fuse Turbo Spike Mode and Turbo Cannon Mode. The fusion of the modes successfully defeat Morphos and Max Steel is once again thanked by Copper Canyon citizens, but especially by Sydney, who foreshadows that she has discovered that Maxwell McGrath is Max Steel.
In the sequel, Morphos returns more powerful than ever after being betrayed by his own creator. He pretends to become the new hero of Copper Canyon to gain the trust of Copper Canyon citizens and achieve his plan of conquering the city. After capturing Toxzon, the Elementors and Extroyer, Morphos is supported by many authorities on Copper Canyon and eventually becomes the new president of the city.
When Max suddenly receives an emergency call from Dread, he goes turbo and decides to check out Morphos' "home". There, the hero is attacked by few clones of Morphos and later on, by the villain himself. After the mutant defeats both Max and Dread, Copper Canyon's police tries to arrest them since they attacked the president. At the same time, many people were watching Max and Dread about to be arrested. When Dread gets angry, he destroys few police cars and eventually escapes with Max Steel. Later on, they are both forced to team-up thanks to Morphos, who had mutated everyone in the city into monsters like him.
After his father is transformed into a monster, Max is forced to make an alliance with the rest of the villains besides Dread. They go to the center of Copper Canyon and fight off the mutated citizens of Copper Canyon. Morphos proved to be a way too powerful to Max and the villains to defeat, and he is forced to activate the Turbo Chamber within his fahter's ship, where he used his Turbo Pulse and his T.U.R.B.O. Energy to revert the mutation of the citizens. In the process, Max ends up unlocking Turbo Exo Strength Mode, which he uses to defeat Morphos once for all. Once Morphos is defeated, the other villains are free and Dread ultimately betrays Max Steel, but luckily he is stopped by Sydney when she shot him with her blaster. Max and Steel then return to being the rightful hero of Copper Canyon as they fly over the city in order to stop Extroyer from robbing a bank.
There is been two years since the Morphos incident when a new enemy named Mortum arises with the intent of getting the Connect-Tek. While Max was playing soccer with Alex and other few people, he sees the Daedelus Platform falling down. Max decides to go turbo and check out if there is someone there.
After arriving and activating his Turbo Hammer Claw Mode, Max and Steel realises that there is no one there, but there is traces of Transdimensional Energy. Suddenly, Steel receives an emergency call from World 31 and they decided to check it out. After arriving, Max Steel sees Extroyer and his clones attacking the base. They activate Turbo Stealth Mode and there they find out who Mortum is. They later on met Rayne, who is Berto's younger sister, and C.Y.T.R.O., who later on gains his own artificial intelligence (A.I.). After Extroyer's clones finds out about the group, they are forced to escape.
In a mountain, Max and Steel see the devastation that the villains were causing on Copper Canyon. Upon anazying Makinian texts from the World 31 base, Max believes that the Connect-Tek may be on the Ice Box, a facility that stores Makino technology in low temperature. Eventually, the group finds the Connect-Tek and a informational video featuring Jim explaining the capabilities of the device. The moment is interupted when Alex (who was being indentified as a threat), arrives and reveals that he is with part of Jim McGrath's Connect-Tek sword.
Suddely, the Elementors appear and the group is forced to retreat to the base. The villains eventually managed to invade the base and attacked the group. Max Steel and the group later on goes to the Connect-Tek's chamber. There, the hero discusses with both Alex and Rayne to power up the device. Max Steel finally activates the Connect-Tek and Team Turbo is created.
Max Steel uses his powers to generally stop mutants and extraterrestrial threats, or even mundane problems, such as stopping mere thieves or vehicle accidents.
- Superhuman Strength: Since Max has T.U.R.B.O. Energy, his strength and other attributes are increased considerably, thus making him stronger than an average individual.
- Superhuman Durability: Max Steel's suit is very resistant and durable, enough to resist against dangerous toxins. In addition, the suit seems to automatically repair itself.
- Turbo Modes: Max can transform between a large arsenal of Turbo Modes, each with different abilities. Max generates T.U.R.B.O. Energy while Steel feeds himself with this energy and uses his alien technology to create armors. Some of the Turbo Modes need more energy to function, while others don't need and/or drain as much power. From Turbo-Charged, Max Steel's modes became more basic.
- T.U.R.B.O Energy: Max is responsible of generating large quantities of T.U.R.B.O. Energy, which he uses to fight off the villains, feed Steel, and others.
- Turborang and Turbo Pulse: Both are very useful techniques. In the Turborang process, Max can launch Steel like a boomerang in his adversaries and in the Turbo pulse, he is able to blast away enemeis with a large pulse consisting of T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Turbo Blaster: Created by Berto for field use and carried by Berto's robot C.Y.T.R.O..
- Turbo Sword: A very powerful sword that has a blade made of pure T.U.R.B.O. Energy, able to cut through most metals. It is also the most powerful weapon existing on Earth, as proven in Live by the Sword.
- Turbo Lash: Similar to Turbo Sword but instead of blade, it has a whip made from T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Turbo Drills: This weapon was able to break into almost anything, but since it is too heavy for the Turbo Base Mode, Max needs his Turbo Strength Mode to do it.
- Turbo Star (temporarily): A powerful weapon that originally would have been used against Makino. It was divided into three parts, which were hidden in different locations. The first part was in the ocean near the N-Tek's submarine base, the second on the abandoned mines of Copper Canyon, and the third and last on N-Tek's base in the Artic.
- Connect-Tek Sword: A sword that originally belonged to Max's father. It is a sword that divide itself into two smaller swords.
- Turbo Cycle: A very fast cycle that can defy the laws of physics with impressive maneuvers.
- Turbo Car: This vehicle was once owned by Vin & Dwayne prior to Berto's modification. The Turbo Car was equipped with missile launcher, high speed, Auto-GPS, advanced N-Tek communication & Stealth mode.
- Turbo Jet: A vehicle which is controlled by T.J. (artificial intelligence), equipped with many incredible weapons: such as Turbo pulso guns, wing blades, and an aqua mode, among others.
- Spin Attack Bike: A new vehicle that Max gains in Turbo-Charged.
- If Max is separated from Steel, he can get stuck in a specific Turbo Mode, which can be bad depending the occasion. For example, in Turbo Deep Star Sea, Max got stuck in Turbo Scuba Mode, which made it very difficult to defeat Metal Elementor and the other Ultralinks, since the mode doesn't have super-strength or any special attribute other than its underwater capabilities, such as swimming at high speed.
- if Max is separated from Steel for more than eight hours, Max will overload with T.U.R.B.O. Energy and then will explode, causing his death.
|The Gallery of Max Steel (Character) can be seen Here.|
|Max Steel's Turbo Modes|
- Max Steel cannot remove his Turbo Base Mode, although that Steel can create suits to Maxwell McGrath blend with humans.
- Max Steel has a different appearance than the original Max Steel.
- Max Steel is named Max Steel because Maxwell said Max and Steel said Steel, so then they called him Max Steel.
- In most of Max Steel's new Turbo Modes, he needs to use a lot of T.U.R.B.O Energy, so that he can use them.
- In some episodes, it is shown that his suit is damaged and cracking. However, the suit presumably auto repairs, since the suit is intact in other episodes.
- For example, at the end of Gone Fishin', you can see the cracks on his suit and the damaged done on it.
- The people on Copper Canyon see Max Steel as a hope against the evil threats. As seen in The Final Countdown Part One, Sydney Gardner said that Max Steel was going to take care of the aliens that were invading Earth.
- In Copper Canyon city, Max Steel is a huge success and provided a large line of games, toys, films and others, even gaining a statue for his heroic acts.
- Steel is very satisfied with the Max Steel persona, since he is a huge fan of comics. He even created a Turbo Mode known as Turbo Super Mode that incorporates a typical stereotyped superhero.
Characters introduced on Season 2 appears in green.