|“||Makino is not a thing! It is a thought, an inspiration, an idea that became real! I am indestructible, you are not! I shall lead my Ultralink army across the universe in a wave of complete absorption and expansion, and I am coming for Earth! And you Dread ... You shall be the first to perish!||”|
—Makino, After discovering Dread's betrayal
|Alias||Lord / Master Makino|
|Occupation|| Creator of Ultralinks|
Destroyer of worlds
Master of technology
|Homeworld||Planet Makino (presumably)|
|Interests||Destroying planets with his inexhaustible army of Ultralinks|
|Weapons||Control of the technology|
|Allies|| Alien Scientist (creator)|
Miles Dread (previously)
Jason Naught (previously)
Blast, Chomp, and Prism
|Enemies|| Max Steel|
Commander Forge Ferrus
Other N-Tek Agents
The Black Star Council
|First Appearance||Earth Under Siege Part Two|
|Last Appearance|| Max Steel: The Wrath of Makino|
The Captive (non canonical)
|Voiced By||Michael Dobson|
Makino, usually referred as Lord Makino by other Ultralinks or the Master of Technology by Dread, was the true and main villlain of Season 1 and Season 2. He was considered a god and father for most of the Ultralinks and also the deadliest villain that Max Steel ever faced, still being a threat even after his death. Makino was capable of controlling technology and also use technological parts to create modes. Makino was mentioned on Thanks, I Think, but made his debut on Earth Under Siege Part Two. He was voiced by Michael Dobson.
Early LifeYears ago, a scientist was working on floating technology, and created Makino, the most perfect and powerful creation that he had ever created. Makino was created by the scientist with the purpose of absorb and expand. While his assistant was extremely reluctant in keeping Makino and suggested to destroy it, the scientist ignored and said he simply couldn't be destroyed due to his techno-organic systems programmed to regenerate and find a host, even in its death. Shortly after Makino linked with his creator and took the control of his body, later absorbing the scientist's assistant. Later on Makino started to create more Ultralinks through unknown means and eventually created an army. Over time, Makino became one of the most feared aliens (if not the most) that ever existed, absorbing every planet on his sight with his Alphalink and killing many innocent aliens. He also created an ideal: For the glory of Makino, said by most of the Ultralinks. During an undetermined period of time, a organization of aliens known as The Black Star Council was created, reuniting many aliens that survived Makino's attacks, which its main goal was to capture every existent Ultralink and intergalactic criminals, mainly Makino.
During an attack to Planet Takion, an Ultralink known as N'Baro Aksteel X377 betrays Makino by linking with one of the survivals (Jim McGrath) and saving his life. Shortly after absorbing planet Takion, Makino's already had chosen his next target: Earth. Eventually, the duo became a iminent threat to Makino and other Ultralinks, stoping many invasions on many planets and defending their population, being recognized as the greatest heroes of the galaxy by the Black Star Council. The duo also created N-Tek alongside with Molly McGrath, Forge Ferrus and Miles Dread and were planning to create weapons in order to stop the villain. Only two are known, being those Morphos (cancelled due to its immense power) and the Turbo Star, which they opted to use.
16 years prior to the series' events, Makino launched his first attack of Ultralinks on Earth. N-Tek's army was ready to fight against the Ultralinks, but there were too much of them and they were outnumbered, until N-Tek's secret weapon was released: Jim McGrath and Steel, the traitor. The duo easily defeated Makino's army and saved the day.
Makino ceased the invasions and stayed inactive during 16 years, presumably absorbing other planets instead of Earth, waiting the right moment to attack.
So far in the series, Makino has had only 3 hosts, those being:
The appearance of Makino may vary based on the host that he is bonded to.
In his Ultralink form, Makino is a four-armed Ultralink. He is a black Ultralink that has blue armor pieces surrounding his body with a little bit of yellow on it. His arms are located right underneath of his head. In his Ultralink form, he only has one eye, which is yellow.
When he bonded with the Alien Scientist, his creator, he considerably increased the body mass of his creator, creating a wide and bulky being. His skin is black with blue and yellow armor pieces that are surrounding his body. On his skin, he has letters that appear and disappear suddenly. His Ultralink is located on his creator's head, which looks more like a helmet, with the same yellow Ultralink eye. His creator's eyes have turned yellow. Behind him, Makino has a few floating pieces of blue armor. Also, he has a wide yellow sphere that is located on his torso. This form is also known as "Humanoid Battle Form".
When he bonded with Maxwell McGrath, the body mass of Max has not changed at all. Max is seen in his Turbo Base Mode with a few pieces of blue and yellow armor pieces surrounding his body. He has blue pieces of armor floating behind him, similar to the Alien Scientist mode. He has a helmet on his head with sharp edges. Max's skin turn darker in the process and has yellow eyes instead of his blue eyes. Under his helmet, his hair has been changed to a similar hairstyle like Dwayne, only that with blue on the tip. Makino's Ultralink is located on Max's chest, where Steel previously used to link with Max, only that the Ultralink's eye can be seen.
When he bonded with Jim McGrath, his appearance didn't change at all, having only the head piece fixed on his head, and yellow glowing eyes. In fact, only the Turbo Modes produced by Makino were different when compared to Max's modes.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Makino is seemingly stronger than any other Ultralink that he created, being able to create modes with large destruction capabilities. When linked with a host, he increases the strength and gives the ability of controlling technology.
- Superhuman Speed: He is faster than an average person.
- Superhuman Endurance: He has shown to be highly durable after being attacked by allmost all of Max's Turbo Modes and being knocked out by just a few seconds and returns to fight harmless.
- Yellow Lasers: Makino possesses the ability to shoot powerful lasers orbs and stationary laser blasts that were powerful enough to destroy many of N-Tek's vehicles.
- Technokinesis: Makino possesses the ability to control and tear apart technology.
- Tech Absorption: Like his past incarnation, Makino can absorb technology and make modes out of them. He presumably can absorb other materials, like glass, since he absorbed his container during his creation.
- Size Alteration: He can alter his size as long he is on a Makino Ship by absorbing parts of the floor or walls.
- Shapeshift: Makino is able to assume two different forms. The first form is his Ultralink form, which is capable of bonding with someone or something and the second is the head piece form, having the same appearance as his first host.
- Regeneration: Makino is able to quickly regenerate in some days, which makes him practically unstoppable. According to his creator, if Makino is about to be destroyed, he is able to regenerate.
- Float: Like others of his kind, Makino is able to float.
- Adaptation: Makino is able to adapt to any type of energy when he bonds to a host, for example, the T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Ultralinks and Megalinks: Makino possessed a large armada of Evil Ultralinks having the same intention of its creator: to conquer the worlds. The Megalinks were in charge of driving the Deployers and Fighters, usually searching for powerful hosts to Ultralinks bond with.
- Alphalink: Makino had a giant vehicle with the shape of a planet powered by Jim McGrath's T.U.R.B.O. Energy capable of absorbing planets. The ship served as home to many Ultralinks and was capable of generating more ships containg Ultralinks. The device was destroyed in The Final Countdown Part Two by Max, Steel and Jim's T.U.R.B.O. Energy, making the ship be destroyed by inside.
- Ships: In its armada, Makino possessed three different types of ships, being those Destroyers (the largest), Deployers (in charge of deploy Ultralinks into specific locations) and Fighters. The first two ships were capable of containing many Ultralinks that were used to fortify Makino's armada.
- Advanced Technology: Makino counts with advanced technology in all of his arsenal. Makino's technology easily surpasses Earth's primitive technology.
- Energy: Makino possesses a yellow energy that only he generates. Instead of Max and Steel, Makino, alone, is capable of generating endless amounts energy without needing any host.
- Destabilizing Drill: In Max Steel: The Wrath of Makino, Makino created a large drill powered by his energy which would be capable of tear apart Earth.
- Expert Tactician: Makino easily outsmarted N-Tek many times and due to his incredible skills, he was capable of absorbing many planets with his Ultralink Armada. This was seen in Makino Strikes Part One, when Makino revealed his plan consisting in bonding an Evil Ultralink with Forge Ferrus (the man behind N-Tek's forces), attacking N-Tek with a large army of Ultralinks and Dread Naughts, while he would fight and finish off Max Steel. In Ultralink Invasion Part One, Makino sent four Ultralinks in the exact moment while a meteor shower was happening, which denotes this ability.
Makino's name comes from the word machina in Latin that means machine, referring to his abilities.
- "Hahahaha, you are people's greatest hope!? Then may be surely disappointed!" - Makino Strikes Part One
- "Enjoy your last breaths, thinking in your friends and family, all who will soon perish as well, all because you couldn't save them. You are nothing but a weak earthling!" - Makino Strikes Part One
- "Poetic, isn't it? Once this mighy power was used to defeat me, to prevent me from destroying Earth. But this time, it will be the key that ensures my success! This time, the planet falls! This time, the Earth will be mine!" - The Final Countdown Part One
|The Gallery of Makino can be seen Here.|
- In Makino Strikes Part Two, Makino wished to dissect Steel to find out why he rebelled, something no Ultralink's ever willingly done.
- He is capable of removing the steel suit from Max without killing him, but this will cause Max to overload with T.U.R.B.O Energy.
- In Makino Strikes, he got two new modes, those being Jet and Tank Mode. Both of these modes were the first two modes that the original Makino got. Also, the order in which Makino got the modes is similar to the original Makino, since the got Jet first, then Tank.
- Previously, the Turbo Star was the last hope to win the battle against Makino. N-Tek was also creating a monster named Morphos to destroy Makino, but he was rejected when they found out that he was going to turn into a much more bigger threat than Makino.
- Originally, Makino was going to be a single entity in the show.
- In the first Season 2 trailer, the Ultralink located on Makino's head was seen, but only as a sphere resembling an Ultralink, while in the actual Season 2, the sphere moves and has a black tone where it is located.
- It is rumored that the Alien Scientist mode that Makino had, was originally going to be the design of the most powerful mode of the previous incarnation of Makino. The idea was scrapped, but later used in the reboot.
- In the alien scientist form, Makino notably had some characteristcs of its previous incarnation, like the sphere on his chest, and the Ultralink, that resembles the sphere that the previous incarnation had on his forehead.
- While Makino spoke on his alien scientist form, it was possible to hear a female voice. It is possible that the female voice is the Alien Scientist's voice, or is a high-pitched version of Michael Dobson voice.
- Due to Makino's skilled abilities in controlling the technology, he is usually referred as "The Master of Technology".
|Ultralinks and Megalinks on Max Steel (2013 TV Series)|
|Introduced on Season 1||Air Elementor · Bone Links · Centipede Links · Drone Ultralinks · Earth Elementor · Extroyer's Ultralink · Fighter Ultralinks · Fire Elementor · Gun Links · Makino · Stealth Ultralinks · Steel · Tank Links · Water Elementor|
|Introduced on Season 2||Avatak · Blast Link · Chomp Link · Green Spiny Ultralink · Reaper Links · Lizard Links · Makino Elite Ultralinks · Metal Elementor · Pink Stealth Ultralink · Plaztek · Prism Link · Purple Tweezer Ultralink · Raider Ultralinks · Rock Links · Stinger Ultralinks · Torbolt · Worm Links · X376|
Characters introduced on Season 2 appears in green.