|“||Makino is not a thing! It's a thought of inspiration, an idea that became real! I am indestructible, but you are not! I shall lead my Ultralink army across the universe in a wave of complete absorption and expansive, and I am coming to Earth! You Dread ... You shall be the first to perish!||”|
—Makino, After discovering Dread's betrayal
|Alias||Lord / Master Makino|
|Occupation|| Creator of Ultralinks|
Destroyer of worlds
Master of technology
|Homeworld||Planet Makino (presumably)|
|Interests||Destroying planets with his inexhaustible army of Ultralinks|
|Weapons||Control of the technology|
|Allies|| Alien Scientist (creator)|
Miles Dread (previously)
Jason Naught (previously)
Blast, Chomp, and Prism
|Enemies|| Max Steel|
Commander Forge Ferrus
Other N-Tek Agents
The Black Star Council
|First Appearance||Earth Under Siege Part Two|
|Last Appearance|| Max Steel: The Wrath of Makino|
The Captive (non canonical)
|Voiced By||Michael Dobson|
Makino, usually referred as Lord Makino by other Ultralinks, was the true villain on Max Steel (2013 TV Series) and one of the major villains on Season 2. He was considered as the god and father of all the Ultralinks, as well as the deadliest villain that Max Steel has ever faced. Makino was mentioned on Thanks, I Think, but made his debut on Earth Under Siege Part Two. He was voiced by Michael Dobson.
Years ago, a scientist was working on floating technology, and created Makino, the most perfect and powerful creation that he ever created. With the purpose to absorb and expand, Makino linked with it's creator and over time, became the most dangerous alien that ever existed, absorbing every planet on his sight with his Evil Ultralinks and killing many aliens. He also created an ideal: For the glory of Makino, said by most of Ultralinks.
When an Ultralink named Steel betrays Makino, he converted himself into an iminent danger to his whole species, since he defended Earth and its population (since Makino and other Ultralinks consider earthlings as inferior beings), alongside with Maxwell McGrath (previously, Jim McGrath). Previously, Makino made the first Invasion of Ultralinks on Earth, but his troops were successfully stopped by N-Tek, mainly because of Jim McGrath. After 16 years, Makino launches his second and iminent attack on Earth, though that the invasion was stopped once again by Steel. In the same episode, it was also revealed that he had a deal with Miles Dread.
Later, Makino didn't launch any Evil Ultralinks on Earth, and stayed quietly during a long time, until he sent three Evil Ultralinks that later bonded with hosts to create Chomp Link, Blast Link and Prism Link. Later on Season 2, Makino mostly made minor appearances as a hologram, usually talking with Mega Elementor. Makino also later sent other of its allies, including Metal Elementor, one of his most dangerous commanders, and others, but they were all defeated by Max Steel. Makino decides to defeat Max Steel by himself while N-Tek was being attacked by a massive quantity of Evil Ultralinks and Dredd Naughts. Makino is eventually defeated by Max Steel with Turbo Rocket Mode, however, he later reconstructs himself, and discovers about Miles Dredd's betrayal, ultimately deciding to eliminate him once he comes to Earth. He later came to Earth with the Alphalink and his full armada of Ultralinks, while N-Tek was losing the battle with the Daedelus Plataform, and ultimately decided to use the Turbo Star, built to destroy Makino once and for all. When Max Steel infiltrates the Alphalink, he discovers that the energy source of the Alphalink is Jim McGrath, who was a prisoner of Makino for the last 16 years. Makino only conserved Jim McGrath to use his T.U.R.B.O. Energy to create the force field around the Alphalink. Makino tries to defeat Max, but with the help of Jim, they destroy Makino's host and the Alphalink inside with a massive quantity of T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
After his defeat, his host (or creator) was permanently destroyed, and the only piece that Makino left was his head piece. Through a message that he implanted on every Ultralink created by him, he warned them about his heritage, creating a competition to see who would turn into the new ruler of the Ultralinks. However, Max eventually manages to become the new ruler of the Ultralinks, and is later possessed by him, creating a new version of Makino, more powerful than ever, with the same amount of power that Jim had. After creating Turbo Annihilation Mode, Makino creates a drill that would perforate Earth until its core, causing it to crack in half, but he is eventually stopped by Steel, while Jim was defeated in the floor. However, since Makino was indestructible, he survived and linked with Jim McGrath, creating a new version of Turbo Annihilation Mode, this time defeated by Max Steel's Turbo Titan Mode. After almost causing Jim's death, Max decides to launch Makino on the sun, which probably caused his permanent death.
So far in the series, Makino has had only 3 hosts, those being:
The appearance of Makino may vary based on the host that he is bonded to.
In his Ultralink form, Makino is a four-armed Ultralink. He is a black Ultralink that has blue armor pieces surrounding his body with a little bit of yellow on it. His arms are located right underneath of his head. In his Ultralink form, he only has one eye, which is yellow.
When he bonded with the Alien Scientist, his creator, he considerably increased the body mass of his creator, creating a wide and bulky being. His skin is black with blue and yellow armor pieces that are surrounding his body. On his skin, he has letters that appear and disappear suddenly. His Ultralink is located on his creator's head, which looks more like a helmet, with the same yellow Ultralink eye. His creator's eyes have turned yellow. Behind him, Makino has a few floating pieces of blue armor. Also, he has a wide yellow sphere that is located on his torso. This form is also known as "Humanoid Battle Form".
When he bonded with Maxwell McGrath, the body mass of Max has not changed at all. Max is seen in his Turbo Base Mode with a few pieces of blue and yellow armor pieces surrounding his body. He has blue pieces of armor floating behind him, similar to the Alien Scientist mode. He has a helmet on his head with sharp edges. Max's skin turn darker in the process and has yellow eyes instead of his blue eyes. Under his helmet, his hair has been changed to a similar hairstyle like Dwayne, only that with blue on the tip. Makino's Ultralink is located on Max's chest, where Steel previously used to link with Max, only that the Ultralink's eye can be seen.
When he bonded with Jim McGrath, his appearance didn't change at all, having only the head piece fixed on his head, and yellow glowing eyes. In fact, only the Turbo Modes produced by Makino were different when compared to Max's modes.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Superhuman Strength: Makino is seemingly stronger than any other Ultralink that he created, being able to create modes with large destruction capabilities. When linked with a host, he increases the strength and gives the ability of controlling technology.
- Superhuman Speed: He is faster than an average person.
- Superhuman Endurance: He has shown to be highly durable after being attacked by allmost all of Max's Turbo Modes and being knocked out by just a few seconds and returns to fight harmless.
- Yellow Lasers: Makino possesses the ability to shoot powerful lasers orbs and stationary laser blasts that were powerful enough to destroy many of N-Tek's vehicles.
- Technokinesis: Makino possesses the ability to control and tear apart technology.
- Tech Absorption: Like his past incarnation, Makino can absorb technology and make modes out of them. He presumably can absorb other materials, like glass, since he absorbed his container during his creation.
- Size Alteration: He can alter his size as long he is on a Makino Ship by absorbing parts of the floor or walls.
- Shapeshift: Makino is able to assume two different forms. The first form is his Ultralink form, which is capable of bonding with someone or something and the second is the head piece form, having the same appearance as his first host.
- Regeneration: Makino is able to quickly regenerate in some days, which makes him practically unstoppable. According to his creator, if Makino is about to be destroyed, he is able to regenerate.
- Float: Like others of his kind, Makino is able to float.
- Adaptation: Makino is able to adapt to any type of energy when he bonds to a host, for example, the T.U.R.B.O. Energy.
- Ultralinks and Megalinks: Makino possessed a large armada of Evil Ultralinks having the same intention of its creator: to conquer the worlds. The Megalinks were in charge of driving the Deployers and Fighters, usually searching for powerful hosts to Ultralinks bond with.
- Alphalink: Makino had a giant vehicle with the shape of a planet powered by Jim McGrath's T.U.R.B.O. Energy capable of absorbing planets. The ship served as home to many Ultralinks and was capable of generating more ships containg Ultralinks. The device was destroyed in The Final Countdown Part Two by Max, Steel and Jim's T.U.R.B.O. Energy, making the ship be destroyed by inside.
- Ships: In its armada, Makino possessed three different types of ships, being those Destroyers (the largest), Deployers (in charge of deploy Ultralinks into specific locations) and Fighters. The first two ships were capable of containing many Ultralinks that were used to fortify Makino's armada.
- Advanced Technology: Makino counts with advanced technology in all of his arsenal. Makino's technology easily surpasses Earth's primitive technology.
- Energy: Makino possesses a yellow energy that only he generates. Instead of Max and Steel, Makino, alone, is capable of generating endless amounts energy without needing any host.
- Destabilizing Drill: In Max Steel: The Wrath of Makino, Makino created a large drill powered by his energy which would be capable of tear apart Earth.
- Expert Tactician: Makino easily outsmarted N-Tek many times and due to his incredible skills, he was capable of absorbing many planets with his Ultralink Armada. This was seen in Makino Strikes Part One, when Makino revealed his plan consisting in bonding an Evil Ultralink with Forge Ferrus (the man behind N-Tek's forces), attacking N-Tek with a large army of Ultralinks and Dread Naughts, while he would fight and finish off Max Steel. In Ultralink Invasion Part One, Makino sent four Ultralinks in the exact moment while a meteor shower was happening, which denotes this ability.
Makino's name comes from the word machina in Latin that means machine, referring to his abilities.
- "Hahahaha, you are people's greatest hope!? Then may be surely disappointed!" - Makino Strikes Part One
- "Enjoy your last breaths, thinking in your friends and family, all who will soon perish as well, all because you couldn't save them. You are nothing but a weak earthling!" - Makino Strikes Part One
- "Poetic, isn't it? Once this mighy power was used to defeat me, to prevent me from destroying Earth. But this time, it will be the key that ensures my success! This time, the planet falls! This time, the Earth will be mine!" - The Final Countdown Part One
|The Gallery of Makino can be seen Here.|
- In Makino Strikes Part Two, Makino wished to dissect Steel to find out why he rebelled, something no Ultralink's ever willingly done.
- He is capable of removing the steel suit from Max without killing him, but this will cause Max to overload with T.U.R.B.O Energy.
- In Makino Strikes, he got two new modes, those being Jet and Tank Mode. Both of these modes were the first two modes that the original Makino got. Also, the order in which Makino got the modes is similar to the original Makino, since the got Jet first, then Tank.
- Previously, the Turbo Star was the last hope to win the battle against Makino. N-Tek was also creating a monster named Morphos to destroy Makino, but he was rejected when they found out that he was going to turn into a much more bigger threat than Makino.
- Originally, Makino was going to be a single entity in the show.
- In the first Season 2 trailer, the Ultralink located on Makino's head was seen, but only as a sphere resembling an Ultralink, while in the actual Season 2, the sphere moves and has a black tone where it is located.
- It is rumored that the Alien Scientist mode that Makino had, was originally going to be the design of the most powerful mode of the previous incarnation of Makino. The idea was scrapped, but later used in the reboot.
- In the alien scientist form, Makino notably had some characteristcs of its previous incarnation, like the sphere on his chest, and the Ultralink, that resembles the sphere that the previous incarnation had on his forehead.
- While Makino spoke on his alien scientist form, it was possible to hear a female voice. It is possible that the female voice is the Alien Scientist's voice, or is a high-pitched version of Michael Dobson voice.
- Due to Makino's skilled abilities in controlling the technology, he is usually referred as "The Master of Technology".